Employment Center Information
Careers with Katy Insurance Agency
Thank you for your interest in Katy Insurance Agency, Inc. Our team is totally committed to the growth of our agency and the protection of our clients. To that end, we are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Customer Service Representative
Are you a customer service-oriented individual with a passion for helping others? Do you have a professional, positive attitude and enjoy working as a part of a fast-paced team? Katy Insurance Agency, Inc. is actively hiring a licensed Customer Service Representative. KIA prides itself on providing high-quality customer service to all clients as well as actively giving back to the community. If you are interested in joining a winning team, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281.391.2109. Learn more about KIA at www.katyinsurance.com.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Collect, quote and present policy information to clients, review renewal policies, and help answer client coverage questions.
- Provide continuous client service including keeping customers informed of timelines and roadblocks that effect the process
- Maintain all client files in the agency management system with full policy detail and use the system for all transactions and notes
- Maintain a follow-up and suspense file to insure that issues are processed and resolved in a timely manner
- Process and respond to emails and phone calls from clients and companies in a timely manner.
- Receive and comply with requests from clients and insurance companies
- P/C License and experience is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills including in person, over the phone, and via email
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with both clients and insurance carriers
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Willingness to create and suggest best practices and to supplement current process manuals
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Applied Epic preferred, but not required
Before You Apply
Before you apply for any position with our agency, it is important that you understand our culture and expectations. Below is a list of principles and habits that our existing team strongly embraces. If you are uncomfortable with any of the information below, you will not be a good fit on our team and you will not enjoy working here.
Are you the type of person that would be a good fit for our team?
- You must be able to get to work reliably.
- You must be 100% fluent in English and have a pleasant phone manner. You have the option to wear a wireless telephone headset.
- You must get to work on time, period. You know yourself, so be honest right now. If you can’t get to work on time, please don’t bother applying.
- You must have excellent computer skills and be open to increased automation of all tasks. We strive to eliminate paper where ever practical. You won’t be happy here if you are addicted to paper or afraid of computers or automation.
- You must be a detail oriented type of person with an excellent memory. Our office is fast paced and our clients depend on you to protect them properly.
- Because we strive for a high-level of work productivity and efficiency, we actively discourage personal internet and phone usage during office hours.
- You must have a positive, upbeat attitude. We have great staff that is easy to get along with. If you often see the glass have empty instead of half full then this is not the place for you.
- You must be absolutely totally honest and ethical.
- Only high energy, highly motivated, very coachable, enthusiastic people with solid administrative skills should apply. Our people are committed to being part of a fast paced, team oriented, forward thinking culture.
- You must be committed to learning. Change is constant and fast in our office. We focus on streamlining and automating systems and procedures, new tools and software, and the ever-changing insurance world. If this scares you, you probably won’t be happy.
- You must be able to work independently and be organized.
- You must be willing to follow procedures. Most things need to be done a certain way. Some tasks require creativity and personal choice. When there are procedures, you must be able to follow them.
- You must be willing to work as part of a team. There is no “I” in team. If everything has to be done on your terms and most things have to go your way, please stay away.
- Every day is different. We are always busy in a changing environment. Marketing every single day is a must.
Benefits of Working at Katy Insurance Agency, Inc.
Our insurance agency was founded in 1915 (1976 owned and operated by J.W. "Skip" Conner) on the principles of customer service and dedication to our community. While we strive hard to provide the best service possible to our clients, we firmly believe work comes first only after God, country and family.
Our work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. We do close for lunch from noon to 1:00 pm. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid time off (vacation and sick time) – varies depending upon the length of your employment
- 8 paid holidays each year
- Retirement plan
If you believe you fit within the team dynamic laid out above, then we encourage you to contact our agency and submit your application.